It is important to brush your teeth regularly. But, some areas are difficult to real tooth chewing surface bars and premolars. If it is not cleaned appropriately, it becomes susceptible to tooth decay or dental cavities.
In such a situation, we recommend the dental sealant procedure performed in our clinic.
What are Dental Sealants?
Dental Sealants are a thin coating applied to the hard-to-reach area of the teeth, i.e., molars and premolars. This procedure is performed to prevent the teeth from cavities. It is best for school-aged children as it is the most conservative, non-invasive treatment.
Importance of Dental Sealants
The chewing surface of molars and premolars contains grooves or fissures that make the teeth prone to decay. It is relatively deep and arduous to clean with a single-bristled toothbrush. Over time, plaque accumulates in this area, leading to cavities. However, with the help of fluoride, you tend to protect the tooth’s surfaces, and it. And, with dental sealants, you will provide more protection to the grooved and pitted areas.
Process of Applying Dental Sealants
In our dental clinic, we have highly experienced dentists to perform the process of applying dental sealants. The procedure includes:
● Professional cleaning of a tooth surface using a fluoride paste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
● Then, it is washed with normal water and dried.
● Our dentist places an acidic solution on the fissure area of the chewing surface of the tooth for a few seconds.
● The tooth is left to dry again. Then, our dentist will apply a liquid dental sealant and harden them using a special light.
● You will notice that it has become a hard varnish dental coating.
Thus, it lets you chew with that surface of the tooth again.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
The benefits provided by dental sealants are:
● It tends to last longer.
● Anyone of any age can have dental sealants.
● It is a safe and effective dental treatment.
As discussed earlier, dental sealants last longer and have the ability to make your teeth healthy and sturdy. So, if you are looking for a dental clinic with amazing dental sealant services for your child, contact us, the Dental Design Studios by Dr. Ivis Hernandez, DDS. For more details and appointments call us at (713) 468-5800, book online, or visit Dentist in Houston TX at 8391 Westview Drive, Houston, TX 77055.