Invisalign or clear aligners are a modern and convenient option most teens and adults consider when they need to straighten or realign their teeth.
Dr. Hernandez at The Dental Design Studios in Houston, Texas, is a certified Invisalign dentist and can create a customized treatment plan for your smile to give you the best results.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign are clear aligners used in orthodontic treatments. They are made from thermoplastic material known as SmartTrack.
Invisalign aligners are removable, invisible, and fit snugly onto your teeth, thereby being more convenient than traditional braces. The main goal of these aligners is to make the procedure of realigning teeth “less conspicuous”.
What Dental Issues Can Invisalign Correct?
Dentists recommend Invisalign for a variety of purposes. Among them, the most common are fixing crowding or spacing issues. Apart from that, Invisalign aligners are also used for correcting problems like overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open bite.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign aligners offer several benefits to patients, including:
- They are less noticeable than traditional braces with wires and brackets
- They can easily be removed by the patient to eat, brush, and for sporting events
- Patients can brush and floss their teeth as they normally would during the treatment
- They improve overall dental health by realigning the teeth and making them easier to clean and maintain
- They require less maintenance than traditional braces
Once your orthodontic treatment with Invisalign is completed, you will have to wear retainers to maintain the results. Apart from this, you should also:
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day. You can also add fluoride mouthwash to your oral hygiene routine.
- Visit your dentist for regular dental checkups twice a year, as well as regular cleanings.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes all necessary vitamins and minerals, fruits and vegetables, protein, etc.
- Invisalign is used for a variety of misalignment issues. However, if you have complicated bite or crowding issues, the dentist may recommend braces.
To learn more about Invisalign and other orthodontic treatments, contact The Dental Design Studios at (713) 468-5800 or visit us at 8391 Westview Drive, Houston, TX 77055.